Join Our Ministry Team
We at Kure Memorial Lutheran Church are seeking a part time Coordinator of Youth and Family Ministry! We are a joyful, loving, outreach oriented Lutheran church in Kure Beach. The person in this position will oversee and coordinate the church’s ministry to children, youth and families in the following areas:
- Grades 2-5: initiate activities once per month
- Grades 6-12: weekly meetings with additional activities such as retreats, service projects and mission trips
- Families with children ages 0 through grade 1: Coordinate quarterly activities
- Vacation Bible School: One week each summer: Coordinate and oversee the program as well as coordinate volunteers
- Will work closely with pastor and support team
- Utilize all channels of communication to reach children, youth and families: website, email, social media, newsletter, worship bulletins, letters, postcards, text reminders, etc.
- Share the children’s message during worship from time to time
- In conjunction with pastor and support team, recruit and train adult leaders as needed for assistance
- Position is Part time: Time anticipated 50-60 hours per MONTH with the possibility for growth as the ministry grows
- College degree is preferred
- Experience in a ministry setting and/or experience working with children and youth in a school or ministry setting is a MUST!
- Must have a passion for ministry with children, youth and families and a desire to learn and grow in the Christian Faith
- Must have an ability to effectively communicate with children, youth and adults of all ages and enjoy being with them!